Cost Benefit Analysis
Program Description and Objectives
This course is designed to provide case managers with knowledge of cost benefit analysis. Emphasis is placed on advantages and disadvantages of cost benefit analysis, the historic aspects of cost benefit analysis, the reasons a case manager would use cost benefit analysis, and a design for presenting cost benefit analysis. Through the use of case studies and discussions, this course prepares students to utilize cost benefit analysis to demonstrate the quality and cost effectiveness of the selected care option.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define cost benefit analysis.
- List three advantages and three disadvantages for the case manager in preparing a cost benefit analysis.
- Identify methods the case manager can obtain and/or calculate potential and actual costs of a case.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of case management services through the use of the cost benefit analysis method.
This independent learning program has been designed to facilitate your learning in your own home or work place. We hope you enjoy this method of continuing education.
To earn continuing education contact hours, follow these instructions:
- Complete the enclosed Independent Study Enrollment Form.
- Follow the link to the instructor provided information.
- Follow the link to the post-test and Evaluation Information.
- Click the submit button to send the enrollment form, evaluation and post-test to the University.
Within 6 weeks after the university receives your completed post-test, Independent Study Enrollment Form, and Evaluation Information, you will be notified of your test results. A passing score for this program is 75%. If you pass, the university will send you a signed contact hour certificate of completion indicating the number of contact hours earned. If you do not pass the test, you may retake the exam at no additional cost.
Continuing Education Credits
Nurses will receive 1.0 contact hours. The University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions, Evansville, has been approved as a provider of continuing education in nursing by the Indiana State Nurses Association. ISNA is accredited as an approver of continuing education in nursing by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
California RNs will receive 1.0 contact hours. The University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # 13378.
Social workers will receive 1.0 contact hour. University of Southern Indiana is a provider of continuing education for social workers.
This program has been approved for 1.0 CCM clock hours by the Commission for Case Manager Certification.
Thank you for choosing the University of Southern Indiana for your continuing education needs. If you have any questions about this or other offerings please call or email:
Karen Jones, RNC, MSN
College of Nursing and Health Professions