Master of Science in Nursing
Welcome to Post Masters Nursing!
Master's prepared nurses may apply for admission to receive a post master's certificate in the ACNP, FNP, NED, and NML specialties.
To complete the ACNP, CNS, FNP, FPMHNP, Post Master's Certificate:
- The applicant must be able to provide documentation of successful completion the below course at the graduate level within the last five (5) years:
- If this course has not been completed within the past five years, the student will be required to complete those courses at USI in the Post Master's Program.
- The student will then take the specialty courses for the ACNP, CNS, FNP, or FPMHNP. Please refer to the MSN Specialty site for a list of those courses.
To complete the NED Post Master's Certificate option:
- The applicant must complete the Nursing Education Courses.
To complete the NML Post Master's Certificate option:
- The applicant must complete the Nursing Management and Leadership Specialty Courses.
Instructions to apply to the Post Master's Certificate Program:
Application number one:
- Apply to the University of Southern Indiana as a graduate student. This is the application to the University as a Graduate Student and requires a $40 application fee. The Acceptance Committee cannot review your application without verification that you are a student at the University of Southern Indiana. International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
- All transcripts should be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies c/o Dr. Wes Durham.
- PLEASE DO NOT send the College of Nursing and Health Professions your official university/college transcripts.
- PLEASE DO NOT send your transcripts "c/o Graduate Nursing," "Nursing Admissions," or any other combination there of. All transcripts should be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies. Please contact the office of Graduate Studies for further information.
Application number two:
- Application to the Post Masters Program. This is the application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions Post Masters Program.
- Current professional resume
- Submission of an unencumbered RN license(s). As many states no longer provide paper copies of the RN license, a version of the online confirmation is acceptable.
- The receipt of two professional references on your behalf. We prefer that the references write a letter of recommendation on letter head however we have created a form that you may provide to your references. The references may be faxed or mailed directly to the College of Nursing and Health Professions, c/o Student Advising Center. A link to the form is provided here.
- Applicants are asked to write a 1-2 page essay on their professional goals. Many previous applicants address the reasons they selected nursing as a career, state their current position(s) in nursing, and conclude with a discussion about what they intend to do with their degree once the MSN is completed.
Submit Post Masters application materials electronically to the Student Advising Center at the contact information below. When submitting documents please ensure your name is on each page.
Additional information about the University may be found at http://www.usi.edu. We also welcome student visits on campus that are arranged through the USI Office of Admission.
Mayola Rowser, PhD, DNP, FNP-BC, PMHNP
Director of Graduate Nursing
University of Southern Indiana
Accreditation is an indication of public approbation, attesting to the quality of the educational programs and the continued commitment of the sponsoring institution to support the programs.
For further information about the accreditation of these programs, please contact the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education at the following address:
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530,
Washington, D.C. 20036-1120,
Phone (202) 887-6791.