About the Health Services Program
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services program flows from the mission of the College of Nursing and Health Professions which among other things, promotes excellence in its academic programs and demonstrates leadership in health care education, research, and community service. As such, the mission of the program contains 5 elements:
- To provide high-quality, innovative and relevant edcuational services for its students to assure that they are able to maximize their personal potential and meet the needs of a changing health care marketplace;
- To advance new knowledge through collaborative research;
- To Promote community support through service, continuing education, and consultation activities;
- To support the professional career aspirations of its students, faculty and alumni;
- To exhibit a caring and collegial spirit in all that it strives to accomplish.
Welcome From Our Program Director
Welcome to the College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) at The University of Southern Indiana. We work hard to provide innovative academic programs that are of the highest quality and prepare students for productive careers in the healthcare community. The College offers a variety of programs that are appealing to students interested in the health professions.
To that end, The Health Services Program offers three specific healthcare tracks that provide a Bachelor’s in Health Services degree. Our website provides various links that will allow you access to all of our program opportunities and will introduce you to faculty and staff. You will find relevant information regarding each of our program tracks.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services program flows from the mission of the College of Nursing and Health Professions and promotes academic excellence through education, research, and community service. The healthcare system demands professionals with critical thinking skills and the ability to think creatively. Our students learn professionalism, comprehension, effective communication, and cultural awareness in appropriate settings throughout the Tri-State region.
As you explore the program tracks we offer, you will see a commitment to our mission and our determination for excellence. It is our goal to maintain an environment in which members of the school community can be successful. We invite you to become a student in the Health Services Program preparing you for a career in the healthcare arena and impact the greater community.
Frank Ward, EdD, MSA, PA
Program Director, Health Services